Thursday, January 05, 2006

So...

...this is a shout out to this book...



I had the mis-fortune to pick up this pile of junk - 1001 Greatest song book or whatever it's called, by one Toby Cresswell, and as is my want in these books, I flipped straight to S to see how many Spice Girls songs were in it.

Take a wild guess.

These books, pah, vanity projects. Not one single mention of the glorious history of POP music in any of them - it's pathetic. So as we leave Toby to his doubtless wonderful collection of indie rock snob bores and his how cool do I look rubbish, which he charges 59.95 (!) for, we do this...

This is a list, for free, of the best 1001 POP songs of all time - not soul, not R&B, not jazz - POP - it's a list for the joyous songs that no one catalogues - it will have Sophie Monk in it 5 times, and Bob Dylan 0...

Feels great doesn't it....

It's going to be a long list...

CFB and Alyson

2 Comments:

Blogger Adrian said...

Hurrah. I'm so going to read all this now rather than the stuff I'm being paid to read.

5:02 AM  
Blogger ThePopGirls said...

Hooray! We are always proud to be a distraction to nasty old work!

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home